12/28/2009

A Running Tool You'll Love

I've been looking for a certain tool. Something that tells me how far I ran. Of course, it needs to be exact.
I searched it, I found it and I love it! It is easy to handle and really helpful.
You wonder what I'm writing about. I love the Gmaps Pedometer!
If you want to be a more or less professional runner you'll need to measure the distances you run. Otherwise you'll be unable to follow a shedule. And you would be surprised how you can under- or overestimate the length of a distance. Therefore, you need to save this awesome tool and use it!

For measuring you hit the button 'start recording' and then double click on the point where you want to start. You can then mark your track by using double clicks which produce these points. The pedometer also shows you the mark of every full kilometer (or mile - you can choose between english and metric).
If you keep the kilometer marks in mind (or print the map) you can actually measure your speed while running (you need a watch of course)
If you went wrong you can 'undo points'.
You can also choose if you want to measure automatically (which sometimes doesn't work because  surprisingly even google doesn't know every dirt track on earth) or manually. You may also switch between both.
When you finished you track you can also save it. 
Moreover, you can use a calorie counter, too. On my 15km track the calorie counter says I burn over 1000 calories. Therefore, I rather think it might not be very exact. It is a nice toy anyway.
The pedometer is fantastic. It also always tells me that my distances are longer than I thought! Thanks, google!

No comments:

Post a Comment