10/30/2009

The current situation...

That might be interesting, too.

After almost three years of running I am still heavy (it must be the bones!) but I don't look like it anymore. I do like fruit and veg but when it comes to choci I'm weaker than ever. I quit smoking two or three months ago but surprisingly didn't put weight on. My bike doesn't only see day but also night lights because it's my best friend and only means of transport since my car has been broken for a year and I don't have any interest (money) in fixing it. You might ask why I don't use public transport. You don't know the gawking people in the tram! Nope, thanks. Running? Daily about 20km when my legs allow me. Unfortunately they frequently won't. Specially if it's cold or raining they like to stay in bed.

But even with an uncalibrated training like this I ran my first whole marathon about two weeks ago. 4:24:16. Well, I thought I could be a lot faster but I really, honestly absolutely couldn't. Some guy on the other hand told me that this was quite good for the first 42,2km. Very continual. I'm a hero! Super-girl!

Next 42,2km in April. I join a running group from November. Need to be so much faster when I run in my home town and everyone can see. Big goal. Marathon in so much less than 4h.

Anyway: running friend#1 is pregnant now and has no interest for sport anyway anymore. Never again. Her next guy is going to be a couch potatoe with a fat belly (se said). I wonder if that's because her extremly sportive husband left her.

Therfore, I needed a new running friend (4h runs are just booooring – you need someone to chat about the nice guys you just passed or anything). And found her. Actually she's not entirely new: we've been running partners for almost two years now. You wouldn't believe that anyone can be worse than running rat but she is. After a two-hour run she still wants to go further. After a 40km-long-run she likes to cycle another 30km to our favourite lake to relax. Nuts that girl. But I guess it's partly my fault. I join her every time.

Boy-friend#1 is even better. He doesn't really run. 10km, 12 sometimes (doesn't count). On the other hand he's going to be a tennis pro (he says). With 27, almost 28. Training: daily from 7 to 9 a.m. Which means we daily get up at about 5. De - light - ful.

No comments:

Post a Comment